Kristoffel is a partner in the corporate, tax and finance group, with more than 25 years of experience. He has extensive experience in corporate and tax advice, partnerships and joint ventures, mergers and demergers, acquisitions, portfolio investments (share participations, real estate, etc.), private equity, venture capital, shareholder disputes and corporate restructuring. He also regularly advises on secured transactions and international financial transactions.
He is a frequent speaker at conferences in Europe and the US, addressing such topics as the use of holdings in international corporate and tax structuring, tax developments in Belgium, the notional tax deduction, and transborder migration of companies.
He obtained his law degree from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (KU Leuven), and is also a graduate of the Tax School of Brussels, the Vlerick Institute of Management, and the University of Ghent (tax law and audit).
Recent works includes:
- assistance of various parties in setting facility agreements entered into at group level;
- organising guarantees granted by the Belgian member of an international group;
- assistance of a New Zealand base group with the setting up a joint venture company in Belgium;
- Assistance of a US company for the acquistion of a Belgian company that had developed an athlete management platform;
- Advising a German private equity company in connection to the judicial reorganisation of its Belgian activties in the steel industry.