- Authors’ rights section of the High Council for Intellectual Property (Federal Economic Affairs Service)
- Belgian authors’ rights association (ABA)
- TAGLaw advisory board (international network)
- Association of Dutch language bar authorities in Belgium (OVB)
- Editorial Board of the magazine IRDI (Intellectuele Rechten – Droits Intellectuels)
- Belgian Competition Law Association (BVM)
Eric is specialized in national and international contract negotiations, as well as litigation and arbitration in the IP, Distribution and Commercial law fields. He also represents clients in tort litigation. Since 1976, Eric has been advising and representing well-known authors and owners of cartoon characters in all fields of endeavour, both nationally and internationally.
Recently, Eric advised the rights holders of a well-known cartoon character for the licensing of a 3D mixed animated feature film by one of the major US studios. Other work includes the successful representation of investors who became the victims of fraud, and recovery of damages caused by municipal utilities to private property.
In 1994, he founded the intellectual property law review IRDI. He is a regular participant and panel member at international conferences, and sits on the advisory board of TAGLaw.
After a law degree at the University of Ghent (cum laude), Eric obtained an LLM at the University of Virginia in 1973.